The Richmond lawyers at Ayers & Stolte know that dealing with a criminal law matter can be an incredibly unsettling and stressful time in one’s life. Adding to the stress is the need for expedient legal representation. The quicker you get a Richmond criminal defense lawyer by your side, the better protected your rights will be.
Deciding which Richmond criminal lawyer to hire could potentially be one of the most important decisions you make in your life and should not be made haphazardly. The Richmond criminal attorneys at Ayers & Stolte understand that every situation is different, even when the alleged charges are the same. We work closely with our clients and take the time to understand who they are and the circumstances surrounding their individual case. Our Richmond criminal defense lawyers listen carefully to all of the details and see our client’s perspective, to gain the valuable insight necessary to craft a solid and hard-hitting criminal defense strategy.
Richmond Criminal Lawyers
We help individuals…
- Traffic violations: Our criminal lawyers help in the defense of a wide range of traffic violations, including driving with no insurance, driving with a suspended or expired license, leaving the scene, eluding police, racing and more.
- DUI: Our DUI lawyers provide aggressive advocacy that protects your rights and driving privileges when you have been arrested for drunk driving, whether you’re an adult or a juvenile.
- Speeding Tickets: A traffic offense may seem to be a trivial matter, but accumulating enough points on one’s driving record can result in license suspension and increased insurance costs. Paying a ticket essentially means that you admit guilt. By working with our traffic ticket lawyers, you can fight traffic tickets and potentially keep your driving record clean – an outcome which will help keep your car insurance rates lower.
- Reckless Driving: Driving in a manner which is meant to annoy, harass, endanger, injure or harm another constitutes reckless driving. Virginia traffic laws are among the strictest in the nation, and conviction of this major traffic offense can result in not only monetary fines and loss of driving privileges, but also in jail time. Our skilled criminal defense lawyers can help you mount a solid legal defense.
- Misdemeanors: In the state of Virginia, a misdemeanor is defined as an offense that can have a penalty of up to one year in jail. Our criminal lawyers have experience in a wide range of misdemeanors, including assault and battery, petty larceny, bad checks, traffic violations, etc.
- Felonies: Felonies are serious crimes and can be punishable by life imprisonment. A felony charge can stay with you for the rest of your life – it can keep you from getting a job, establishing a credit, result in jail or prison and, if the felony is serious enough, even cost you your life. Our criminal defense lawyers will stand up in your defense and work to have the charges and penalties dismissed or reduced.
Ayers & Stolte – Winning Criminal Lawyers
When your future, personal freedom and liberties are at stake, you need competent legal representation. When facing criminal charges, you need the experienced Richmond criminal defense attorneys at Ayers & Stolte who will serve as your advocates.
Our goal is to ensure that you receive a fair trial, challenge any evidence that is illegally obtained, and make certain that your defense is presented as strongly as possible. Additionally, our legal team will:
- Carefully investigate your case to uncover evidence
- Interview all parties involved, including police
- Bring in witnesses, when appropriate, to testify on your behalf
- Present you with defense options to help you combat your charges
- Negotiate with prosecutors to have your charges or sentence reduced, if possible
If you need criminal law help for a DUI, Traffic Violation, Felony or Misdemeanor, you should contact the Richmond criminal lawyers at Ayers & Stolte. Either fill out our case review form or call Ayers & Stolte today at (804) 358-4731 for a free, honest case evaluation.