Family law is a very emotional and complex field of law. Divorces can be contentious, and the Richmond family attorneys at Ayers & Stolte understand the dynamics of these life-changing events. We focus on the best interests of children, husbands, wives, mothers, fathers and grandparents in the Richmond, Virginia metropolitan area.
Fortunately, most divorce and family law issues are settled without going to trial. That’s why the divorce lawyers at Ayers & Stolte have well-honed negotiation skills, but are ready to aggressively litigate if necessary to protect your interests and pursue your goals.
Due to the delicate nature of the divorce process, it is important to have an experienced and dedicated Richmond divorce lawyer working on your case to ensure that your family’s needs are met. The Richmond divorce lawyers at Ayers & Stolte keep up with the constant changes in the Statutes, Virginia Supreme Court rulings and rules, as well as Appellate Court decisions.
Experienced Richmond Family Law Attorneys
We help families…
- Divorce: Our experienced family divorce lawyers obtain divorces, whether contested or uncontested by their spouses. We will work with you to determine the appropriate grounds for filing, the correct documentation, and litigate issues if necessary.
- Division of marital property & business interests: Our family attorneys help clients to equitably divide their assets and debts for property settlements and execute quit claim deeds. Since Virginia is an “equitable distribution” state, the marital property shall be divided in an equitable fashion. However, equitable does not necessarily mean equal, so we will fight so you receive what is fair.
- Child custody: Our family law attorneys consider the best interests of the children for child custody, including temporary custody and legal and physical custody. Per the Virginia courts, we take into account the age of the children, the health of the children, the wishes of the child(ren), the parental roles of each parent, and the needs of the children. We also help to modify child custody and support if circumstances change.
- Child support: Virginia child support guidelines are based on the Income Shares Model for calculating child support. Our legal experts work with you to achieve a fair resolution.
- Alimony: Our divorce attorneys provide collaborative support with spousal maintenance and spousal support if applicable.
Paternity & father’s rights: In addition to mother’s seeking child support, we can assist in initiating paternity tests, orders for child support and visitation.
- Other family law issues: Our family lawyers will assist you in protecting your assets with pre-marital and post-marital agreements.
Ayers & Stolte – Compassionate and Caring Family Lawyers
At Ayers & Stolte, our Richmond family lawyers have provided compassionate representation and strong advocacy to individuals and families when it is needed the most. In all our practice areas, we strive for fairness and always remain a strong voice for our clients.
The decision to end a marriage is probably the most difficult and emotional decision you will ever make. Once either party makes the decision, it is important you consult an experienced Richmond family law attorney who can explain the process and your rights clearly and provide aggressive representation to protect you, your children and your property rights.
This is where the family lawyers at Ayers & Stolte come in. Our 27 years of legal experience both in and out of the courtroom make us well qualified to handle your Richmond divorce case or other family law matters and help you transition into your future. His goal is to help you obtain the solution that enables you to move forward with your life from the strongest financial position possible.
If you are seeking a Richmond law firm skilled in divorce law or family law, either fill out our case review form or call Ayers & Stolte today at (804) 358-4731 for a free, honest case evaluation.